Workforce, Major Employer, & Taxes
Learn more about the economical advantages of Lisle.
Lisle’s strategic Midwestern location, excellent accessibility, educated-ready workforce, high quality of life, nature focus and excellent amenities offers businesses of all sizes a variety of attractive locations to meet unique needs.
An educated, ready workforce is available in the immediate area. This reflects the fact that Lisle is home to nationally recognized educational institutions such as Benedictine and National-Louis Universities. Close to 80% of the surrounding population is employed in professional, sales, management and financial occupations.
Home to 23,024 people, strong demographics make Lisle a desirable location for businesses.
- There are over 100,000 households.
- 256,000 people that live within 5 miles of Lisle, representing a diverse talent pool and strong support for consumer markets of goods and services.
- The estimated average household income in the surrounding area is $103,973.
- The estimated median value of owner-occupied housing is $336,100.
- The daytime population of Lisle increases by thousands as employees commute to our business districts and visitors travel to our community.
1YR wage increase
Demographic and economic statistics
The population in the Village of Lisle, IL was 23,435 per American Community Survey data for 2014-2018. The region has a civilian labor force of 13,638 with a participation rate of 70.4%. Of individuals 25 to 64 in the Village of Lisle, IL, 62.9% have a bachelor’s degree or higher which compares with 32.9% in the nation.
Expected growth rates for occupations vary by the education and training required. While all employment in the Village of Lisle, IL is projected to grow 0.2% over the next ten years, occupations typically requiring a postgraduate degree are expected to grow 1.0% per year, those requiring a bachelor’s degree are forecast to grow 0.6% per year, and occupations typically needing a 2-year degree or certificate are expected to grow 0.3% per year.
Comparison of Local
Sales Tax Rates
Industry in the Village of Lisle is dominated by the educational services and health care and social assistance industry, as it employs 21% of residents
- Amita Alexian Brothers Foundation
- Footprint Acquisition LLC
- Navistar International Corporation
- Kantar Operations
- Hgs (usa), LLC
- Molex, LLC
- Bolingbrook Communications, Inc.
- Volvo Sales & Service Center, Inc.
- Veritas Steel LLC
- AON Enterprise Insurance Services, Inc